Wednesday 7 November 2012

Contextual Studies : British Humour

With two Americans, a Brazilian, an Indian and two british members, british humour is something that our contextual studies group found interesting to discuss. There are many aspects of british humour that make it unique. It is often said that foreigners struggle to understand when we are being ironic and sarcastic, which is something I find comes to me naturally in everyday life, which is why this is the aspect of British humour that I want to investigate further. From my searching the internet and library catalogue I've discovered it's quite hard to find examples of people using sarcasm when it's something that comes quite naturally to us in everyday life, so lots of watching of comedies for me! So i leave you with something to illustrate the absurdity that British humour sometimes encompasses, the Knights who say "Ni!"


No comments:

Post a Comment